May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - Classic Summer Bash


Welcome to the May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!! This month's stamp is Classic Summer Bash. It has 25 images!! If you came from Jean McNulty's Blog you are on the right track! The hop is one big circle so when you get back to me you will know you have completed the hop!


What a fun stamp!!  I love the jar and I couldn't wait to create something.  I decided to do a scrapbook page.


I wanted my jar to look like it had lemonade in it and I wanted the straw to look as if it was IN the lemonade, not just on top of the jar image.  So, after a lot of trial and error of different techniques, I decided to stamped my jar with peacock pigment ink onto vellum paper. I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss the ink.  Next, I sponged Lemon ink on the back of the jar.   I used the same embossing technique for the ice cube using Pewter Pigment Ink and added the ice to the back of the jar to show through. 
I stamped the straw with Sorbet ink, cut it and an inserted the straw in a slit I made at the top of the jar.  So part of the straw is inside the jar and the top of the straw is out.
Here is a closer look:


When I first stamped the lemons with Lemon Ink, I didn't feel like they showed up enough on the page so I decided to stamp them with pigment ink and again used the clear embossing powder to heat emboss the lemons.  They really pop on the page now.  

I added some splashes of color on the White Daisy base page.   Giving the page the the "spilled lemonade" look.  :)

Here are the products I used on this page:
White Daisy Cardstock
Sorbet Cardstock
Lagoon Cardstock
Sorbet Ink
Lagoon Ink
Lemon Ink
Peacock Pigment Ink
Lemon Pigment Ink
Pewter Pigment Ink
VersaMark Ink
Clear Embossing Powder

Remember!!  This stamp is available only during the month of May!
Get it for $5 with a $50 purchase!


Now it's time to hop over to Krista Hershberger's Blog and see what she has created!




Comments

  1. Love your layout..and just in time for Summer BBQ by your pool! :) The ice cubes are great & that banner....eeek! I need to use that part of this stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of ways it seems to make liquid in that jar look realistic and this is certainly one of them! Well done - and a very cute layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout, super cute. I am so going to have to do a similar layout from all our summer BBQ's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! I love how the jar really looks like it has liquid with ice cubes in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the layout, Gina!!! And, now I know how to use the ice cubes...lol (for the life of me, I couldn't figure out a good way)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect layout for a get together! thanks for sharing all your ideas for this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout! I love how your jar turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal